The IBAN (International Bank Account Number) is an international standard for identifying/numbering bank accounts. Each client that maintains an account with a bank can be provided with an IBAN code. IBAN is an enhanced bank account number.
What is the aim of the IBAN?
- To identify bank accounts across national borders;
- To facilitate the automatic processing of the payments;
- Minimize errors and manual interventions.
How can I use IBAN?
As soon as you get your IBAN from your bank, you can give it to other third parties that need to send money transfer in your favor (together with your name and your bank name). Their bank (the ordering bank) will be able to validate the IBAN and send the funds in your favor. If the IBAN is correct your bank will credit your account at the due date.
How can you find your IBAN?
- We recommend that you go to any branch of our bank and ask to be provided with your IBAN.
- You can find it in the documents of opening a new account.
- You can check it in the balance statement of your accounts, or
- You can generate it from our application by using this link
What does an IBAN contains:
An IBAN consist of:
- The IBAN may consist of up to 30 alphanumeric characters for the account number. The IBAN length is decided individually by the generating Bank.
- The first two letters represent the State Code and
- The two following numbers represent the check digits
The length of the IBAN depends on the decision of each bank that generates it.
Albanian IBAN has 28 characters and it is constructed as below:
AL47 2121 1009 0000 0002 3569 8741
Societe Generale Albania, will not be responsible for any discrepancy coming from wrong information inputted into the IBAN generator. Please use this application on your own risk and only if you are confident for the required information.
You are kindly requested to be very careful when you:
- Select your branch (it should be the branch where you open your account ) ;
- Enter your account number ;
- Give the other parties the exact IBAN generated from the link .
This application can be used to generate IBAN only for the accounts issued by our Bank. You can generate only your IBAN and no IBAN code for other clients or your accounts with other Banks can be generated using this application.